From: School of Information Engineering
Release Time: 2018-04-24
Ⅰ. Program Objectives
This program aims to cultivate the senior engineering and technical talents who are developed in an all-around way in terms of morality, intelligence and physique, systematically master the basic theory and professional knowledge of engineering technology in the discipline, understand the relative current status, forefront and development trend of research; with knowledge of modern computer software and hardware,can use computer skillfully; with rigorous scientism and favorable team spirit and outstanding innovation ability and hands-on ability, can independently undertake or participate in scientific research work and write scientific and technological dissertations or technical reports; with good competence, can engage in the technological development, engineering design, teaching and scientific research, etc. in the institutions of higher learning, scientific research units and application management departments.
Ⅱ. Duration of Study
This is a program of 3 years, with a maximum of 5 years.
Ⅲ. Training Mode
1. The study period for coursesis within 1-1.5 years; The time for academic dissertation work is not less than 1 year; The practice can be conducted by combining centralized practice with segmented practice, with the accumulated practice time being no less than half a year for previous graduates, and no less than 1 year for fresh graduates. The time allocated for the practice, the course study and the academic dissertation can be partially overlapped.
2. The double-tutorial system is adopted: The academic dissertation shall be jointly supervised by the tutors experienced in engineering practice from the school, and the personnel with intermediate and senior technical positions, remarkable professional skills and a strong sense of responsibility, recommended by the industrial and mining enterprises or the engineering construction departments. Under the dominant guidance of the in-school tutors, the tutors outside the school can guide the work in differentstages, such as the practice process, the project research and the course study and the dissertation writing, etc.
Ⅳ. Brief Introduction to the Main Research Directions
1. Calculation Methods and Computer Aided Design
This research direction aims to construct computer modeling and conduct auxiliary analysis for the modern numerical calculation methods and microwave circuits by studying a series of advanced algorithms and models at home and abroad, including: (1) The gridless technology numerical algorithm is used in the CAD-aided design of high-speed railway electromagnetic protection, and high-speed railway EMC/EMI electromagnetic simulation software is developedand used in the compatible design of high-speed train communication and control systems; (2) Based on the finite element algorithm CAD technology, an entire set of construction methods and design theories of the defected grounding structure (DGS) were first studiedinternationally and a computer simulation model of the circuit has been established to achieve accurate computer modeling and efficient design of the special microwave structural circuit; (3) The research of high-efficiency hybrid numerical algorithms for electromagnetic scattering of military targets in complex environments was completed, thus breaking through the bottleneck that constrained the efficiency of traditional algorithms and improvingthe calculation speed effectively under the premise of ensuring the calculation accuracy; (4) Methods of artificial neural network are adopted to realize the modeling and optimization of microwave circuits, and the design efficiency of microwave circuits such as power amplifiers is significantly improved.
2. Intelligent Information Processing
After years of development, this research direction has formed its characteristics at home and abroad, including: (1) Quantum information processing: According to the common characteristics of signal information processing and quantum computing, an entire set of quantum signal processing implementation schemes are designed. (2)Quantum neural networks: The implementation of the pattern recognition algorithm in quantum neural networks is studied, and in cooperation with Canada, Neuromodeler, a tool software based on neural network design and applicationis developed. (3) Design and simulation of reversible logic circuits: reversible logic circuits are first designed and optimized, then further optimized on the basis of simulation. (4) Auto-semantic analysis of Chinese language: Since Chinese automatic word segmentation is a “bottleneck” in Chinese information processing, resolving it to a large extent depends on new research advances in artificial intelligence technology such as neural networks, expert systems and knowledge engineering, etc. This direction studies the automatic analysis method for multiple Chinese automatic semantics. (5) Research and Development of VC + +6.0 based on computing platform: New computing platforms to facilitate the R&D of products and technologies are designed and developed.
3. Machine Learning and Pattern Recognition
Over the years, aimedat the study of machine learning, pattern recognition theory and optimization algorithms, and their application in image processing, data mining, information fusion and other fields, this research direction has gradually formed its own research features: (1) In terms of technology on the non-negative sparse feature extraction of high-dimensional data, theories on compressive sensing and multivariate statistics are studied in depth. Based on the study of non-negative sparse feature of the unified data, a framework for extraction is made and different models of feature extraction are established to obtain improved algorithms for these models. (2) In terms of data mining technology for financial time series, technologies concerning nuclear learning, minimum mean square algorithm are studied and applied to such aspects a similarity search, prediction and analysis of financial time series, with excellent application results obtained. (3) In terms of the sparse financial early-warning model, by using the regularization techniques based on the l1 norm in statistical learning theory to carry out research on the financial early-warning modeling and solving algorithms of listed companies, sparse logistic regression and sparse linear discriminant analysis models to achieve model variable selection are established. (4) In terms of medical image processing, aimed at intake and comparison, etc. of medical microscopic images, related algorithms are designed and a medical microscope image management system is developed. (5) In terms of the mobile robot positioning and map construction research based on uncertain information processing, comprehensive consideration is given to the issues of positioning, map construction and path planning, etc. Based on Bayesian theory, the mobile robot navigation technology that conforms to actual conditions better and a series of new or improved algorithms are studied.
4. Wireless Sensor Network
With the goal of constructing the “Smart Poyang Lake Economic Circle”, this research direction focus onsome major applications like intelligent transportation system, high-speed orbit monitoring etc., and has formed distinctive research features shown in the following three aspects: (1) As for the basic characteristics of sensing, heterogeneous, wireless, mobile, ubiquitous and interconnected of the wireless sensor networks, targeted at minimizing the complexity of energy, communication, time and space, the system of theories, methods and technologies on self-organizing evolution of sensor network is studied. (2) In case that the links and nodes of the wireless sensor networks are extremely easy to fail, an evaluation method for network performance is utilized and a quantitative description model are established. (3) From the perspective of developing the wireless sensor network industry, a scalable wireless sensor network communication protocol stack is designed to establish an intelligent software platform for interconnection communication from vehicles to ground, or vehicle to vehicle, etc.
5. Network and Information Security
This research direction is mainly centered around network supervision and security prevention, security-oriented routers and network active defense technologies. It is dedicated to making high-level studies in terms of high-speed network information acquisition, network intrusion detection, early warning and disaster recovery and information security data mining, etc.
Ⅴ. Requirements for Compulsory Tasks
1. Literature Review and the Proposal
Master’s students should read at least 50 up-to-date key domestic and foreign literatures before writing the proposal. The literature review section should summarize and generalize the related researchers’ works. The research plan section should demonstrate the significance of the selected subject, the research content, the expected goals, the research methods, the implementation scheme and the time schedule, etc. The proposal must be read and defended at the review meeting. The review team should consist of at least 3 teachers with senior title of professional post. The result of review can be passing or failure, dependent on the quality of the literature review and the proposal. This task should be completed before the end of the third semester or the beginning of the fourth semester.
2. Academic Exchange Activities
At least 5 times or more of academic activities should be attended by the master’s studentss each term during their studies, among which, he himself/she herself shall conduct 1 or more regular academic report or academic dissertation periodic report. A summary report of about 500 words should be provided after each participation in an academic activity, indicating the time, place, reporter and academic report title, briefly describing the content and clarifying his/her own academic views on related issues.
3. Professional Practice
Professional practice is an important part of teaching and scientific research training. Full and high-quality professional practice is an important guarantee for the teaching quality of academic degree. All cultivating units and tutors must attach great importance to the field practice , take the initiative to establish a variety of practice bases or joint cultivating bases with factories and mining and enterprises and public institutions, strengthen close links between the cultivating of postgraduates and the actual needs of employers, actively explore the supply and demand interaction mechanism for talent cultivation, and lay a foundation for students to conduct professional practice.
The professional practice is a feature and an important part in the cultivation of full-time master’s students. Those who do not participate in professional practice or fail in professional practice shall not apply for graduation and dissertation defense.
For regulations of specific arrangement, requirements and assessment of professional practice, refer to Major Practice Requirements and Assessment Methods for Full-time Master’s Students of East China Jiaotong University.
4. Degree Dissertation
The degree dissertation is an important part of training master’s studentss to master advanced technology methods and modern technical means, and cultivating their ability to use scientific theories and methods and solve practical engineering problems, and is also an important basis for evaluating their qualifications for a master’s degree.
(1) The forms of degree dissertation of the full-time master’s students can be varied, such as investigation and study report, planning design, product development, case analysis, project management, planning design and application research, etc.
(2) The selected subject should be directly derived from the practical work or have a clear background of practical work and application value, have a certain degree of technical difficulty, advancement and workload, and can reflect the author's ability to comprehensively use scientific theories, methods and technical means to solve practical engineering problems.
(3) The degree dissertation should be independently completed by the master’s students under the guidance of a tutor. The conclusions of the dissertation and the quoted materials should be detailed and accurate.
(4) The degree dissertation should have original opinions, be able to propose new questions, or make new analyses and arguments on issues that have been proposed. Its length ranges from 20,000 to around 50,000 words, which conforms to the specifications of the academic dissertation. Its basic theories and applicable conclusions reach the level of major-related dissertation.
(5) The degree dissertation should be appraised by 2 experts, and the tutor shall not serve as a reading appraiser of the academic dissertation of the postgraduate he/she guides; The Oral Defense Committee shall be composed of 3-5 experts (the tutor shall not be a member of the Oral Defense Committee); Both the reading appraisers and members of the Oral Defense Committee should include experts with senior professional and technical post from industrial and mining enterprises or engineering departments. The oral defense work of dissertation is uniformly organized by major departments respectively.
ⅤI. Courses and Credits
The total credits should not be less than 32, with 25 for the academic degree courses and 8 for the practice. Degree courses can replace non-degree courses, but not the other way around; Courses from other disciplines can be studied as elective courses under the guidance of tutor; master’s students with interdisciplinary or equivalent educational background must, in principle, make up three or more corresponding undergraduate major courses without credits. When the number of students s for an elective course is less than 3, the college and the Graduate Office have the right to require the master’s students to re-elect other courses with a larger number of students.